Questions To Ask Your Top Surgeon During Your Consultation
Choosing a top surgeon often isn’t easy. This is a major decision that will affect the way your chest looks for the rest of your life. After you’ve done your research by looking at different results on transbucket and hearing what other people have to say about the bedside manner of different surgeons, you’ll likely have significantly narrowed down your list. A good way to really get a feel for a surgeon, though, is to have a consultation. Most consultations with top surgeons are free and conducted over the phone or through skype, although some surgeons will request that you come to their office if you live nearby. During the consultation you can expect them to give you a rundown of the surgery and ask you if you have any questions. In order to make sure you get the most out of your consultation, here are some ideas for questions to ask:
1) How much will the surgery cost me all together? Does the quoted price include the anesthesia?
2) Do you accept insurance?
3) What is your pay schedule? Do I need to put down a certain amount of money to reserve a surgery date?
4) How long do I need to be in town for the surgery? Do I need to go in for a pre-op appointment and will you have me come in for a post-op appointment?
5) Given my cup size, would you recommend the double incision or peri-areolar surgery?
6) Do you use surgical drains? If so how long will I have to have them in?
7) Will I have to wear a surgical binder? If so how long will I have to wear it?
8) Do you require your patients to go off of testosterone before the surgery? If so for how long?
9) Are there any supplements or dietary changes you recommend before the surgery in order to aid the healing process?
10) How long have you been doing this surgery?